Academic and technical qualifications are evolving to prepare students for emerging disruptive technologies. Creative collaboration between educators has never been more important to help design responsive curricula that will facilitate progression to the next educational stage or into the workplace. Through this unique collaboration between City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College and MidKent College you will have the opportunity to share information on teaching and learning, learn from others and navigate through the changing world of science in post 16 education. You will be provided with expert help from post 16 science practitioners to identify priority issues, signpost support and will be able to develop solutions, drawing on the expertise of others within the group.
Provisional dates and topics for discussion are listed below. Note that these may change depending on emerging needs throughout the year:
- 29 March 2023 at 4.00pm – 5.00pm – Employing STEM Ambassador expertise to deliver technical education and career pathways.
- 10 May 2023 at 4.00pm – 5.00pm. Book Here: Post-16 Remote National Science Network: Teaching and Learning in 2021-2022
- 5 July 2023 at 4.00pm – 5.00pm. Book Here: Post-16 Remote National Science Network: Teaching and Learning in 2021-2022
You will be able to:
- work collaboratively to identify priorities in science teaching and learning
- discuss and develop strategies to tackle issues, drawing on expertise as needed from outside the network