Event Code RC208C04
*There is a TRP subsidy available to Maintained schools of 70% towards the cost of this course. Please contact NMSLP@potteries.ac.uk for the code to be used at the point of booking.
If you have been asked to teach Physics and it is outside your specialist area, this course is for you.
It has been developed with the Institute of Physics and throughout the course we will develop your understanding of the principles of Physics and the skills and strategies needed to teach the subject effectively and improve student motivation and attainment. This, in turn, will increase your confidence to teach Physics at GCSE.
You will be able to:
- increase your understanding of physics topics at 11-16
- become more confident and competent in your teaching of physics at 11-16
- develop an understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed
- employ the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of physics
- rehearse opportunities for practical work and the use of ICT-based activities
- teach the mathematical aspects of physics with greater confidence