Event Code CC465C04
This course provides a comprehensive look at how to teach computing in Year 4 using the Teach Computing Curriculum. You will be guided through the topics and skills taught at Year 4 and understand how they fit into the wider Teach Computing Curriculum.
You will also have a go at many of the activities that you will teach your class and discuss the practicalities of running them in your setting.
Designed for any teacher who would like the confidence to teach Year 4 computing effectively in their own classroom. You’ll take-away a full computing curriculum package ready-to-teach and will learn how to further develop your capability in this exciting and vital subject.
What topics are covered?
- The Internet
- Audio editing
- Programming: repetition in shapes
- Data logging
- Photo editing
- Programming in scratch: repetition in games
- Recognise the content and structure of the Teach Computing Curriculum in Year 4
- Understand how this fits into the curriculum across the whole primary age range
- Gain confidence through hands-on experience of the Teach Computing Curriculum lesson materials.
- Identify how the curriculum may be adapted to the context of your own school