Our Vision and Values
Our focus is to provide the very best education for every child and young person within the Trust, offering a high quality, broad, academic education for the children and young people of Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire and beyond.
Working with like-minded partners the Potteries Educational Trust centres on the development of the very best practice in teaching, learning and assessment. We will provide teaching and learning in a nurturing, supportive environment with a broad range of opportunities and extra-curricular activities available for all within the Trust.
We hold regular Business Breakfast Meetings to provide information about the PET to interested Headteachers and Governors. If you would like to find out more, please get in touch (link to join us page) and we would be delighted to arrange a meeting.
As a Learning Community, we share common values and principles which are embraced at every academy within the Trust. These values form the foundations of everything that we do and achieve as a Multi-Academy Trust with one outcome in mind, to create a caring community that delivers excellence and inspires futures.
- We strive for excellence in both academic achievement and life experiences to provide a rich education beyond just a set of qualifications.
- We seek to inspire our children and young people, raising their aspirations to be the best they can be and to make a positive contribution to our local and national community.
- We believe in the added value of working partnerships across all phases of education and the benefits it brings to our students.
- We will maintain an open access policy ensuring that admission is not based on academic success, within the context of the available curriculum in each institution.
- The Trust will promote a broad, holistic education for all our children and young people who seek to broaden their understanding of the world.
- All partners in the PET have an equal place and will work together with honesty, transparency and fairness. We will learn from each other to add value to our practices and to the children and young people and communities we serve.
We will work together and learn from each other to add value to our practices and to the children and young people and communities we serve. As such, we will champion the following core principles:
- The safety and wellbeing of the children and young people we serve in every action taken by the PET and its constituent members.
- A caring, community-centred ethos throughout the PET, cherishing every individual child and young person.
- Excellence in academic terms but also in providing a broad education beyond qualifications – to be ‘Outstanding’ in all we do.
- We will ensure the effective use of resources for the benefit of all children and young people in the PET.
- We are committed to every child and young person in the PET; we celebrate diversity and will work to narrow any gaps in aspiration, achievement or attainment within our community.