Find out what to expect from an Ofsted visit to your school and how you can prepare for it as a computing subject lead.
This short course will explore the expectations outlined in the Ofsted framework and what this means for computing teaching and learning in your school. Drawing on the evidence of recent inspections it will also help you to identify key concerns around a subject inspection and how you can best prepare for it.
You will be supported in identifying where you are now in computing and exploring key strategies to ensure that the intent, implementation and impact of your computing curriculum is evident throughout school.
What topics are covered?
Content will include:
• outline of key Ofsted expectations
• identifying main concerns for schools
• supporting you to find out where your school is now in relation to Ofsted expectations for computing provision
• identifying questions that may be asked during a subject inspection
• signposting support for your school’s computing needs
• evidencing impact
• understand the process of an Ofsted deep dive
• be able to identify strengths and areas for development in the delivery of their computing curriculum
• know what is needed to prepare for an Ofsted deep dive into computing