This CPD follows on from the first module to fully cover the KS2 computing curriculum. Skilfully combining a wide range of software applications and multimedia such as video, images and sound, you will be better able to support children in creative and engaging project work across the whole primary curriculum. They will develop their ability to select the right tool for the job, then use them in a considered, effective way.
This will lead towards a project combining a range of skills based on collecting, analysing and presenting data. This maps closely to the expectations of the maths curriculum.
Book now and you will be automatically registered for the scheduled sessions for the course. Remote CPD courses have live, facilitator-led sessions and are not available for instant access. Please refer to the schedule of dates published for each course instance.
Who is it for?
Primary computing coordinators looking to develop their own teaching and that of their colleagues. Any primary teacher or senior leader interested in teaching computing.
What topics are covered?
- 01 | Understanding and using multimedia – Confidently develop appropriate skills using digital devices and applications, enabling children to create and develop a range of digital content and multimedia.
- 02 | Skills and progression – Evaluate a selection of creative tools for use with young people. Match key computing skills to different groups of children to ensure challenge and progress.
- 03 | Using data – Understand the relation between data and information, and how data collection can be planned and implemented.
- 04 | Data skills – Become confident in presenting data and information, making use of database and spreadsheet software and online services to create a combined project.
- Develop your subject knowledge and teaching approaches to help children
- Learn through projects and lessons where they collect and share data through surveys and investigations
- Create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects