PLEASE NOTE – This booking is ONLY for the morning session. To book onto both sessions, please book the morning via this webpage and then follow the link in the description for the afternoon session below:
This conference will provide excellent opportunities for networking and sharing best practice, as well as developing a clear and well-informed view of important new developments in Science education.
The morning session will provide:
- a concise vision of key messages from this year’s OFSTED Science Subject Report
- a forum to discuss implication of the report at all levels
- A series of workshops featuring highlights from the national ASE Conference – both current research and evidence-based best practice including:
- Strategies for more effective deep learning through practical work
- Ways to extend the range and frequency of practical work on a tight budget (with possibly something to take away)
- Effective, integrated careers guidance and FE signposting
- Getting the most from some of the electronic and web-based resources you already subscribe to!
The cost of the morning session is £95 with a Teacher Release Payment subsidy of 70% available to all Maintained schools, making this a total cost of only £28.50. This is a limited offer available to the first 15 bookings. Please email NMSLP@potteries.ac.uk for the code to be used at the point of booking.
The afternoon session (free to all schools who subscribe to a Shropshire SLA and £100 for non-subscribing schools – Book Here), as well as extending some of the themes from the morning will give delegates the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the current curriculum model and compare this with more holistic STEM alternatives
- Share examples of best practice
- Evaluate new strategies to:
- monitor and adapt the level of cognitive challenge in learning activities
- develop a more metacognitive approach to periodic assessment, feeding into more effective revision and exam preparation
The afternoon session is free to all schools who subscribe to a Shropshire SLA and £100 for non-subscribing schools – Book Here