Event Code CC460C04
This course provides a comprehensive look at how to teach computing in Year 5 using the Teach Computing Curriculum. You will be guided through the topics and skills taught at Year 5 and understand how they fit into the wider Teach Computing Curriculum. You will also have a go at many of the activities that you will teach your class and discuss the practicalities of running them in your setting. Designed for any teacher who would like the confidence to teach Year 5 computing effectively in their own classroom. You’ll take-away a full computing curriculum package ready-to-teach and will learn how to further develop your capability in this exciting and vital subject.
What topics are covered?
- computer systems and networks finding out how information is transferred between systems and devices
- using a data base to store and retrieve information
- creating media by exploring vector drawing
- programming using selection in scratch to create quizzes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• recognise the content and structure of the Teach Computing Curriculum in Year 5
• gain confidence through hand-on experience of Teach Computing curriculum lesson materials
• understand how this content fits into the Teach Computing Curriculum across the whole primary age range
• identify how the curriculum may be adapted to the context of own school