Results Day 2023
Potteries Educational Trust Summary 2023 – Excellent Results!
Mark Kent, CEO, Potteries Educational Trust: Congratulations to all!
We are immensely proud of our students, who have not only showcased their dedication and hard work, but also achieved exemplary results. In comparison to national trends for England from 2019, our trust has made marked improvements across all outcomes. We are particularly proud of how well our students have developed exceptional skills and understanding as shown from the successes at each academy below and in our 100% success rate for students on vocational courses.
It’s gratifying to note that our steadfast commitment has paved the way for hundreds of our students’ successful progression to higher education, including some of the most prestigious universities on highly competitive courses, including University of Oxford, LIPA and Loughborough University, Durham, Manchester Met, Edge Hill, Staffordshire University and Keele University.
In addition, our Apprenticeship support continues to yield outstanding opportunities and we are delighted with the range of Apprenticeship placement achieved with esteemed employers.
I extend my deepest gratitude to our exceptional staff and ever-supportive parents, for without your unwavering commitment and belief, this success would not have been possible. Together, we celebrate not just results, but the collective spirit of the Potteries Educational Trust community, their success is our collective achievement.”
Biddulph Sixth Form Press Release 2023
Headteacher, Mrs E C Robinson commented;
Staff and students have worked incredibly hard throughout the year, overcoming significant challenges throughout their education. We congratulate students on the results that they have achieved and the staff on the commitment and of high-quality subject delivery.
This year our Sixth Form students have worked hard to achieve results which enable them to progress competitively for the future; a third of our students achieved A*, A or B (or equivalent) grades. Performance was particularly strong in Applied Vocational studies with over half of the students achieving the highest grades (Distinction and Distinction*). A Level English Literature, Physical Education, Photography and Geography have performed particularly strongly. Within BTEC L3 Diploma in Health and Social Care, Art and Design, IT, Sport and Business have achieved excellent results.
Our students continue to make progress onto fantastic university and Apprenticeships. Our students have successfully secured undergraduate studies both locally and nationally onto highly competitive, quality courses securing places at Durham, Loughborough, Manchester Met, Edge Hill and Keele to name a few. Our Apprenticeship support continues to yield outstanding opportunities and we are delighted with the range of Apprenticeships achieved.
Our students have proven that with resilience, hard work and commitment to their studies, they are able to achieve excellent outcomes. We wish them all the best for their future.
City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College Results Summary 2023
- Impressive student performance across all subjects. Yet again, we are proud to announce an excellent set of A Level Results with strong academic, technical, and vocational performances in the area’s college of choice.
- The Sixth Form are proud to announce a significant increase in high grades (A*-B) compared to 2019* and a continuing very high pass rate of 97% across A Level subjects.
- 50% high grades at A Level. Half of A Level subjects have a high-grade rate of over 50% (35% nationally).
- 20% of all grades awarded were grade A.
- 75% of A level results were A*-C (12% higher than 2019).
- 99% pass rate across all vocational subjects and over two thirds of students achieving high grades.
- 80% of subjects improved Higher Grades from 2019.
- Continued strong performance in a wide range of subjects. Stand out subjects include Computer Science, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology), Spanish, Physical Education & Sport, Criminology and Humanities (Geography, History, Politics, Philosophy and Classical Civilisation).
- Outstanding high grades achieved in the college’s unique offer of specialist subjects, including, Classical Civilisation, Film & TV, Further Maths, Games Design, Performing Arts and Politics.
- Celebrating the highest number of students progressing to some of the world’s most prestigious universities in over a decade, for example the University of Oxford, LIPA and Loughborough University.
- Continued T Level success – for a second year running, all T Level students have successfully achieved their qualification with 80% of students achieving the equivalent of higher grades A* to B.
- Technical education is thriving at the Sixth Form College contributing to developing the medical, healthcare, science, and digital skills of the region. As part of their Industry Placement, all students have successfully completed over 315 hours at a range of local, regional, and national employer partners including the University Hospital North Midlands Trust, Staffordshire Highways Laboratory and the Home Office.
- Outstanding STEM, Social Science and Humanities results, with 60% of students achieving the higher grades.
- Outstanding Computer Science and Digital T Level results with more than three quarters achieving higher grades.
*In line with government plans to return A-level results comparisons to 2019 levels following the Covid pandemic when results were based on teacher assessments instead of exams.
College Principal, Mark Kent offered his enthusiastic congratulations to all students on their success. He commented:
Congratulations to all our students who have been so positive and worked so hard to achieve their excellent results. Today, as our students stand tall with their A-Level, vocational and technical results in hand, we are reminded of the journey filled with dedication, late nights, and sheer perseverance. I am profoundly proud of each one of them for reaching this significant milestone. Today, we celebrate not just results, but the collective spirit of our Sixth Form College community.”
“With more than 50 academic, vocational, and technical courses studied, it is great to see that yet again as a college we have maintained our track record of excellence in A Level, Technical and Vocational education. We are proud to be the first College in the region to successfully introduce the new T Level programme.”
“The college is committed to giving all young people access to a top-class education and opportunities to progress and excel. Our priority remains to provide care and support to every young person so that they can achieve and progress to their full potential.”
“The progression of our students to employment, higher-level apprenticeships, Oxbridge, Medicine, and Veterinary Science Schools and other prestigious universities remains excellent.”
“The vast majority of our students will be pleased with their results and progression choices. We will also continue to support our students, providing them with access to our expert careers team. On results day, universities will be available in the building to offer advice and guidance.”
“Finally, I would also like to acknowledge the work and commitment of all the staff at the College, who have played a significant part in helping to prepare and support students in order that they achieve their full potential. without your unwavering commitment and belief, this success would not have been possible